Anabela Chan (“us” or “we” or “data controllers”) are 100% committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We only use your data to improve the quality of your experience, provide you with a service or to prevent fraud. We look after your data as if it was our own and we make sure that all of our partners do the same. We will never sell your information to anyone. Your information is held for only as long as is absolutely necessary. If you want to be kept up to date on new deliveries or items that are back in stock, we’ll let you know. If you don’t then we won’t.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our website www.anabelachan.com (the “Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and also agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions.
If you have not already read our Terms and Conditions, please do so here.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Anabela Chan Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8833192 and have our registered office at 35B Sloane Street, SW1X 9LP, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 195847450.
Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA PROCESSING OFFICERS (DPOS)
The Data Protection Officer of Anabela Chan limited can be contacted at email@example.com
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We only collect the information that’s necessary to operate our business, provide you with the service that you have requested, and to update you with the latest news and launches from Anabela Chan.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED VOLUNTARILY BY THE USER
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site during a transaction, such as your full name, your delivery and billing address, your contact phone number, your email address, your date of birth and your payment details. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account, purchasing goods on the Site, entering any competition or promotion, completing any surveys or contacting us for any other reason.
- Records of your contact history (if any) with us, via third parties such as Shopify and Klaviyo.com. This is so you receive the best possible customer service.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and the fulfilment of your orders and details of your visits to the Site including (but not limited to) traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD DETAILS
Please note that we do not collect or process your credit or debit card details. These are, however, collected and processed by our payment processing service called Shopify Payments and Global Payments (“Payment Provider”).
The collection and processing by the Payment Provider of your credit or debit card details and other personal data are governed by its terms and conditions.
The Payment Provider provides us with information regarding the credits and debits made to your card in order to enable us to reconcile our accounts.
BROWSING DATA – COOKIES
What are cookies:
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical analysis. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies.
Browser-based ad blockers can prevent the pixel from collecting data.
What is a cookie A cookie is a small file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. We use the following 5 types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies- These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies- These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the Site and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works; for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. The Site uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the Site, collecting standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymised form from which no user is identifiable. This information is transmitted to Google and processed to compile statistical reports on activity on the Site. These reports allow us to optimise our user experience. Google provides a browser add-on for users who wish to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. You can read more about the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser, here.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies- These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Marketing cookies- Marketing cookies are used to deliver ads that are relevant to you and your interests, or to limit the number of times you see the same ad on a website. These cookies can be used to remember what you looked at when you visited a website. We use this information to provide you with personalised content recommendations and for marketing communications.
Cookies for this purpose:
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
- Strictly necessary cookies: execution of a contract to which the user is a party, namely a request by the user to access and use the contents of the website;
- Performance cookies, Functional cookies, Targeting cookies, Social Media cookies: consent.
When a visitor first accesses the website, a banner appears with a link to this policy. By clicking on "Accept all cookies" you consent to the use of all cookies in the categories listed above. We will record your consent by means of a dedicated “technical cookie”, which stores your selected preferences and, therefore, the cookie banner will not be displayed during your next visit to the site.
If you do choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or some parts of the Site. Most cookies we use are known as session cookies. These cookies will expire whenever you close your browser or shut down your computer, and such cookies need not be blocked. Other cookies used for a specific purpose will expire when that purpose is no longer required.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Shopify's Customer Privacy app to collect tracking consent from online store visitors to comply with regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We offer our California customers the choice to opt out of the sale of their data, as required under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
The user's personal data are processed by computer and telematic methods, mainly by electronic and automated means and limited to particular operations, by paper.
In accordance with the GDPR and applicable laws, specific security measures are observed to prevent data loss, unlawful or improper use, and unauthorized access.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the EEA (European Economic Area). Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use suitable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To process your orders, and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ourselves (including contracts for the sale and purchase of goods); and
- To provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To manage the Website Security.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- To exercise the rights in judicial proceedings.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your information – not to anyone. There are however instances where we need to share your information with partners or affiliates in order for us to be able to provide you with the service you have requested.
Examples of some of those instances are below:
Where we are required to provide you with a service:
We will share your personal information with our third party delivery partners – Fedex, Royal Mail, Addison Lee Courier Service.
WHERE WE HAVE YOUR CONSENT
If you have said we can, we will send you marketing updates via email that contains the latest news and product launches at Anabela Chan. We share your personal information with third-party email service provider who assists us with delivering our email marketing campaigns to you. The third parties include Klaviyo and Shopify.
Should you wish to stop receiving marketing messages, you can click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email. Once you do this, it might take a few days for all of our systems to update so please bear with us.
Should you elect to no longer receive marketing messages we will still contact you for order processing and returns as part of our agreed service.
Social Media is a significant part for our marketing activity. We use social media to advertise our products, to connect with our fans and to drive brand awareness. If you interact with us on social media you are giving us consent to interact with you. You can interact by tagging us in your personal photos, liking our content, following us, or sending us private messages. If you tag us in one of your photos you are giving us consent to share this with our audience on social media - if we choose to do so. If you would like us to remove the image, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHERE WE HAVE A JUSTIFIABLE REASON
By responding to customer service enquiries raised via email or phone.
In certain circumstances, we are obliged to share your information in connection with a business transition – for example, a merger, acquisition by another company or a sale of all or a portion on our assets. Should this happen, it will be will necessary to share your information with external professional advisors.
We may also use your information for legal compliance and to enforce our legal rights. This would mean your information is shared with administrative authorities (HMRC), police and public prosecutors to comply with a court order. It is our legal obligation to do so.
We will check any third party that we use to ensure that they can provide sufficient guarantees regarding the confidentiality and security of your personal information. Such parties will process the data as autonomous data controllers or processors, depending on the circumstances.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
At times Anabela Chan Limited will have a need to share your personal data with third parties outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), such as the USA. When this is the case, we have procedures in place to ensure that your personal data is treated in accordance with the safeguards set forth by applicable data protection laws inside the EEA. For more information on how we process your data outside of the EEA, please contact us at email@example.com
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you have your Anabela Chan account, or for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team, for as long as is necessary to provide this necessary support.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
The data collected for newsletter registration purposes, will be retained until the user asks to revoke his registration to the newsletter.
On expiry of the retention terms indicated above, or in case Data Controller become insolvent and cannot continue processing your personal data, data will be automatically erased.
According to applicable laws, you can at any time request information on personal data collected, used, disclosed or processed by the Data Controllers, as well as request for access to such personal data, ask for their integration, rectification or erasure, ask for restriction of processing and object to their processing.
In particular, you have the right to object and withdraw your consent, in whole or in part, to the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal data for purposes of profiling or for purposes of dispatch of advertising material, direct selling or for the fulfillment of market surveys or commercial communication both automated (e-mail, other systems of distance communication as, by way of example: SMS, MMS, Whatsapp) and traditional (paper mail).
If you prefer that the processing of your personal data is carried out solely by means of traditional contact methods, you may object to the processing of your personal data by means of automated contact methods.
Furthermore, you shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to the Controllers, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where: the processing is based on consent or on a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means.
In order to exercise your rights above and/or or submit an inquiries or complaints with regard to the processing of your personal data and/or withdraw your consent, you may send a request to the Data Controllers by writing to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal addresses and contacts mentioned in the epigraph of this information notice.
Moreover, you can at any time delete your subscription to the newsletter following the link below at every communication.
In order to change or withdraw a consent (GDPR/ePR) please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at email@example.com
If you are concerned about any aspect of our policy, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you have the right to complain. This can be to us via firstname.lastname@example.org or direct to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via the helpline 0303 123 1113.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
For access to your data, please email us at email@example.com we will be in contact to process your request.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, or any questions, comments or requests regarding our Terms and Conditions or Privacy and Cookies Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Anabela Chan Joaillerie, 35B Sloane Street, London, SW1X 9LP, United Kingdom.